Target as reflected in the U.S.-China Climate Leaders Declaration:
- Reduce GHG emissions by 80% by 2050 (2005 baseline).
- Reduce GHG emissions for city operations by 15% by 2015 (2009 baseline).
- Reduce GHG emissions for city-owned buildings by 20% by 2020 (2009 baseline).
- Supply 15% of its energy use in city-owned building operations from renewable energy by 2025.
- Created the largest municipal fleet of alternative fuel vehicles in the nation, saving 60 million gallons of petroleum throughout the Phoenix region.
- Half of the city’s public works buildings use solar power.